Here’s where you’ll find any stuff relating to winter biking.
My first venture into the white stuff will be to northern Sweden and Norway in Jan/Feb 2013 for a 3-week bike ride between Kiruna and Tromso with fellow slightly crazy bike guy Shane (of shanecycles.com).
It’s a vague plan at the moment – you could call it practise for a bigger trip down the line – but the route will be something like this (thanks to Shane):
And you can find my blog entries on the trip here:
Journal – Northern Scandinavia
- Winter Bike Tour Countdown FTO-Day Minus 15
- Photos from North of the Arctic Circle
- Gear Advice and Lessons Learned - Clothing
- Photos from a Winter Bike Tour
- Gear Advice and Lessons Learned - Equipment
- Into The Cold - Winter Biking Blog part 1
Winter biking is completely new to me. But I’ve found some useful info from other people who have done it: